To become a member of PSU requires one to have successfully completed his/her B. Pharm from a recognized University/Institution and should have attained at least two principal passes at A ‘level in the basic science subjects i.e. Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Vetting is done for all applicants by PSU examination committee members before one qualifies to sit for the examination which is conducted twice a year i.e. February and July. The exam comprises of both written accounting for 70% and 30% oral exam.
Requirements for applying for Pre-internship/Eligibility exam
- Written/Typed application addressed to the Secretary Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda
- Pre-internship/Eligibility application form (Can be downloaded from PSU Website or Picked from PSU offices at Pharmacy House located in Kyambogo Banda).
- Pre-internship/Eligibility online application done through the PSU website www.psucop.com
- Curriculum vitae (C.V)
- Admission letter
- Certified transcript or its equivalent from your university
- Certified academic certificate
- Copy of A ‘level Certificate or its equivalent
- Copy of O ‘level Certificate or its equivalent
- Copy of Primary Leaving Education (PLE) Certificate or its equivalent
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Proof of payment (Ugandans 250,000/= (Two hundred fifty thousand Shillings only) and non-Ugandan 200 Dollars.
- One colored passport photo
- Plastic Spring file 10,000/= (Ten thousand shillings only).
N.B: For students who completed their B. Pharm from out of Uganda, academic documents should be equated to Ugandan grades by Uganda National Examination Board (UNEB).
Placement for internship is done after successful passing the exam for which the National Internship Committee deploys the applicants to different accredited internship centres country wide for one year.